Prep/1 at ANPS
The Collingwood Children's Farm Visit
On Thursday the 15th of July the Grade P/1 students visited the Collingwood Children’s Farm.
The excursion included three 1- hour sessions, consisting of a farm tour, a gardening workshop and a self-guided farm experience.
There was no cost for this excursion, as we successfully received funding through the Victorian Farmers Federation.
The sun was shining and a great time was had by all!
Students in Grades Prep and One participated in a Responsible Pet Ownership Program on May 12, 2021.
The program included:
- a dog visit
- role play
- song and story time
The program focused on teaching students about dog safety:
- when dogs should be left alone
- things we should not do to dogs
- how can you tell if a dog is happy, frightened or angry
- a safe way to approach and greet a dog
- what to do if approached by an unknown or aggressive dog
Students had a wonderful and engaging experience!
Term 2 School Holiday Suggestions
Below is a list of suggestions that your child can do over the Term 2 school holidays. The list also includes educational websites that have a range of resources and activities that your child can access with you or independently.
Over the school holidays, you can:
- read books that you have borrowed from your classroom library and school library. We also encourage you to visit your local library (with an adult) to borrow additional books to read. Please remember to read for at least 15 minutes each day.
- listen to books being read to you on StoryBox Library. You will need to login to access the books. The username is albion and the password is north. The website is: https://storyboxlibrary.com.au/
- listen to books being read to you on Storyline Online. The website is: https://storylineonline.net/
- watch ‘Behind the News’ episodes about current topics and topics that interest you. Please note that some of the episodes may require parental guidance. The website is: https://www.abc.net.au/btn/
- log into Mathletics and complete tasks that have been assigned to you by your teacher. You can also compete against other students on Mathletics Live. The website is: login.mathletics.com
- go to Languages Online and practise learning Italian through fun and interactive games. You can even download the Language Online app for free on your ipad. The website is: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/languagesonline/italian/italian.htm
- log onto Clickview using your Google login in details and browse the content here. There is a wide variety of educational resources, activities as well as TV shows and movies you can watch with your family. Please note that some of the movies are PG.
- go to the FUSE website and access thousands of activities and videos that link to the Victorian Curriculum. The website is: https://fuse.education.vic.gov.au/
- go to Learning at Home by Kids News to access hundreds of free and fun education tasks that you can do by yourself or with your parents. The website is: https://www.kidsnews.com.au/learning-at-home Term 3 commences on Monday the 12th of July.
- We would like students to get used to using Google Classroom on a regular basis, so we have posted some suggested homework activities for students to complete on Google Classroom during the school holidays. Homework is NOT compulsory!