Students in Grades Prep and One participated in a Responsible Pet Ownership Program on May 12, 2021.
The program included:
- a dog visit
- role play
- song and story time
The program focused on teaching students about dog safety:
- when dogs should be left alone
- things we should not do to dogs
- how can you tell if a dog is happy, frightened or angry
- a safe way to approach and greet a dog
- what to do if approached by an unknown or aggressive dog
Students had a wonderful and engaging experience!